How to Convert DVD to MKV with subtitles on Mac OS

:: Main Chat :: Tutorials

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to Convert DVD to MKV with subtitles on Mac OS

Post by zunecast on Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:54 am

"I'm a Mac user. I have mountains of DVD disc and recently bought a WD-TV HD Player. So I want to convert all DVDs to some format in order to play on my HD player. The reason I don't want to convert them to AVI is because somewhere I read that if I convert DVD to MKV files, it will carry all the subtitles and bonus features of DVD too. But how do I convert DVDs to MKV files?"

What is MKV?

MKV( Matroska Multimedia Container) is an open standard free container format, a file format that can hold an unlimited number of video, audio, picture or subtitle tracks inside a single file. It is intended to serve as a universal format for storing common multimedia content, like movies or TV shows. Matroska file types are .MKV for video (with subtitles and audio), .MKA for audio-only files and .MKS for subtitles only.

Best Five MKV Players please free download best five MKV players.

Many people met the same problem that when they convert DVD to video and watch it on laptop or Mac, the quality gets bad. As we known, a DVD movie is often 8 GB in size. If we convert them to ordinary video formats, the size would be hundreds of MB.So we have to face the problem that the code compression would destroy most of unimportant data and video quality gets bad. How to resolve this problem? In fact, we can decrease the damage by converting DVD to MKV or other HD videos formats. These HD videos are often bigger than standard video and keep higher quality. In addition, if you convert DVD to MKV files, it will carry all the subtitles and bonus features of DVD.

What we need to convert DVD to MKV for Mac

If you want to convert DVD to MKVmovies with subtitle on your Mac book and share with your family, you have to use some DVD to MKV converter to rip DVD to MKV. Well, Daniusoft DVD Ripper for Mac would be perfect for you. Because it's very easy to convert DVD movies into MKV format including subtitles .and this software is a free trial application for Mac OS x that accomplishes this task quickly and easily.

Below is the step by step guide on how to convert DVD to MKV for Mac

Step1. Download and install DVD Ripping software Mac

Download DVD to MKV converter and running it, and then load the DVD movie from your Mac or DVD Driver.

Step2. Select Output Setting

Select MKV from the output formats list in "Format" drop-down list. And the output directory to save the converted files in "Output" drop-down list. You can also adjust other settings such as video quality, audio track, Bitrates, aspect ratio, brightness, contrast, saturation, etc.

Step3. Convert DVD to MKV on Mac

When the settings are done, click the button to start conversion. And then the program will automatically start to convert DVD to MKV file .that's all. When the conversion finished, you can click "Open" to locate the file in your hard drive. If you don't want to wait around during the conversion, the smart program can switch off the computer automatically when the conversion is done.

With this DVD to MKV converter'scute and easy-to-use interface, you will have a good mood when you are at work. You can also convert only the outstanding part of the DVD to MKV or another popular format.

Related articles:

DVD to HTC
DVD to Android

DVD to iPhone 4
DVD to iPad on Mac

DVD to Final Cut Mac
rip DVD with VLC

Mac DVD Ripper review
DVD to WMV Mac

zunecast

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-07-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ipadgeek

Post by ipadgeek on Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:16 pm

ipadgeek
Forum Expert
Forum Expert

Number of posts : 5948
Registration date : 2010-08-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ipadgeek

Post by ipadgeek on Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:30 am

Hi to all from Johannesburg, South Africa. Apple isn't a big player in the market here so the Apple-hype machine loses momentum before it hits here. I had been in an accident that year and out of the loop for some months while recovering so it was only late in June of 2007 that I went online and to the Apple website to browse around, 26th I think. This was close to the release day of the original iphone (29th if I remember). I had never been a fan of cellphones, and to that point had owned only Nokia devices. Good devices they were but just basic phones. I didn't buy into the 'smartphone' philosophy and in my experience found the existing devices too complex to be truly useful. It all changed for me that day as I looked at the images on the site. The iPhone seemed so out of this world, so futuristic and gorgeous and I needed to know more immediately. I emailed the pics to my wife and told her I'd found the first phone I actually wanted. I then downloaded the guided tour video and was just blown away. I took the video home and showed it to my wife. I was from then on glued to the blogs, following everything I could. I downloaded the introduction video, read as much as I could, speculated about what surprises may be unveiled at launch along with everyone else. No one else that I knew here in SA even had an inkling of what was going on and I went out and showed as many of my friends and colleagues as I could.On the 29th the iPhone launched. The reports said it was basically everything Apple promised it would be. The downside was it was US only and locked to AT&T.Sometime on August the first unlocks became available. I managed to send money in around November to a friend in the States who bought and sent me the two units I wanted – one for me and one for my wife. The jailbreak to unlock the SIM was done by bypassing the emergency call screen to the contacts screen and adding ‘jailbreakme.com' as a webiste addressunder a fake contact – so simple and perfect.Trouble was Apple updated the baseband in the 1.1.2 update which is what shipped with the units my friend purchased. So while jailbroken, I could only now use the device as an iPod. That was kinda frustrating, so near yet so far. I basically waited several months untilwifey and I managed to get hold of some sim chip thingamajigs to fool the phone into recognising the SIMs, this was in around February. Soon after the Dev team released the official unlock, THANKS GUYS. While I'm open to experimenting with other devices (one mustn't be blinded), none have yet matched the ease of use, polish nor the appeal of the iPhone.Crazy thing is I remember all of that, but I don't have a clue what phone I was using before my iPhone…..rip dvd to wmv

ipadgeek
Forum Expert
Forum Expert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

ipadgeek

Post by ipadgeek on Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:07 pm

Hi, for those looking to DIY, note that any stated solutions do not do impedance matching which is critical in getting the appropriate guitar signal into the device. Ours has circuitry in it, as we've been making guitar interfaces for years.On that last note, we are no worse than any unit with batteries or whatnot (again, we've been doing this for years)- even a major magazine did a shootout of many solutions and found no significant improvement of theirs over ours with the battery. We have also been making guitar gear simulations for years in the software world and had 11 apps that actually produced audio in the App Store before the first version of AmpliTube in the App Store and believe that the experience shows.On top of the experience, version two has DSP code that is derived directly from our pro audio software AmpliTube 3 and T-RackS! So again, we draw from our experience to bring the best to the table and will continue to do so.Thank you for the reviews, the comments (although again I'd steer clear of DIY solutions that do not do impedance matching), and for allowing us to bring you tools like this to make music on the go. rip dvd to ipod mac Hi, I have looked over the internet and cant find appropriate solution for this problem. This is what happens after iOS 4.2 update.i have a Gmail Exchange activesync set up. (Calendar, Mail works perfect, but contacts scrolling becomes laggy). Please read on.Everything is OK until i turned off all internet data connection (Wi-Fi, cellular data, 3G). Then, when I start adding a new contact with data off, the contacts scrolling becomes laggy, AND THE SMS APP is unable to delete any sms. you are able to press edit and the – button, but then the "delete" button will appear and disappear itself before we can even tap on it.Tried on an iPad 64 GB wifi, and iPhone 4 32GB. Contacts slow scrolling is exactly the same problem, except that iPad doesnt have an SMS (messages) app.

ipadgeek
Forum Expert
Forum Expert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to Convert DVD to MKV with subtitles on Mac OS

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top